Thursday, July 3, 2014

Update: It's the 3rd of July!

Happy 3rd of July everyone!

Okay, so it's not a holiday, but it's the day before a holiday, which I think is just important. So what am I doing this 3rd of July you ask? Well....working. Oh, then what am I doing on the 4th? Well I'm...working. Yep, no fireworks or cookouts for me, kiddies. I'll be sitting at my desk, answering phones. Thankfully I only work until 8pm, so I should be able to catch the firework shows as I drive home. It's the little things in life *sighs*.

So an update on me. Yay! It's summer, no school! Yay! More sleep! Yay! More hours at work, more money! Yay! And of course, MORE TIME TO WRITE/ EDIT! YAY!

What am I writing/ editing, you ask? Thanks for asking. Well, I'm writing/ editing Deadly Caress. Wait, no, don't walk away. I can explain. Yes I've been working on this book for a LONG time, but you can't put a time limit on perfectioin *buffs nails on shirt*. But in all seriousness, I needed the time to work on finding my writing style and improving my craft. Just this past year in school, I feel I've learned so much. I can see it in my writing and in my editing of Deadly Caress. I've added things, taken A LOT of things out, chopping off 3,000 words and I'm only halfway through the edits. With this round of edits, I feel the book is finally where it needs to be. I'm really happy with the results so far. YAY!

So that's my update. Will continue to keep you posted. Everyone have a great 4th!

JS

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back to editing. Can't wait for the finished product!

    ReplyDelete